Do We Really Help Local Businesses Get More Customers?
Company:Western Heating & Air THE PROBLEM:
Western Heating & Air is located in Orem, UT, but the client wanted to rank in Provo, UT, which is a larger target market. They suffured from effects of the Panda 4.0 algorithm update targeting thin, duplicate content.
- Full content audit and duplicate check
- Create unique content for web pages
- Created SEO-engineered content for both target markets
- Cleaned up inconsistent, duplicate, and missing citations
- Optimized Google My Business, Yahoo Local, and Bing Places pages
- Submitted location data to the data aggregators
- Analyzed and disavowed bad backlinks
- Added geo-specific citations & niche citations
- Added surrounding city zip codes in Google My Bussines and service area
Local Search Engine Ranking by Search Words
“air conditioning repair”
“ac repair provo”
The Importance of Having Consistent Data
Search engines are looking for relevant, consistent information, and they already know you’ll probably choose a local business when you hit search. Of course, some people even use the place name in their search to ensure they see a local business in their results. That’s good news for local businesses – providing they’re showing consistent information.
Moved? Added another location? Sometimes, all the information gets messed up. There can be new information, old information, and complete search engine confusion. Just where is the company located? Search engines often cannot make up their minds. They can be lazy. When things don’t look right, they don’t dig. They just shrug their metaphorical shoulders and do the search-engine equivalent of walking away.
In today’s world, customers are writing reviews. Comments. They praise favorites and they are not shy to complain about things either. The science here is pretty simple: If you know what customers are saying, you can engage with them! You may be surprised at how quickly you can turn a negative review into the exact opposite, and finish up with a happy client who is telling everyone how great your service is!
The key is – you can only do so if you see what they are writing, and where they are writing it. Without our help, you may be missing all of these opportunities.